Sunday, January 20, 2013

Laundry Soaping

The first Vintage Toilet bars are complete. It's a super soft squeaky clean shower all over shower bar. It's like taking a milk bath in the shower. You can use it even on your hair & face. My children love it so much that I made them each a 2oz individual bar with their name on it. I thought about making some family gift baskets.

 I've had a recent request from the laundry department of my home to make some more soap. I haven't had any complaints so far with the first recipe involving Fels Naptha soap from the store. Now I have to decide a few things. Do I want a hard bar or liquid constitute? What properties am I looking for in the soap?

Things coming soon!

Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Beeswax
Lavendar
Tea Tree
Citranella
Potash Soda
Citric Acid
Wool Yarn
Knitting Needles
Crochet Hook

On hand:
Jojoba Oil
Castor Oil
Lard
Kitchen Cracklings
Tea Tree
Borax
Washing Soda
Caustic Soda
100% Cotton Yarn

 I'm thinking that the Laundry Soap I'm going to be making will be a Tea Tree Lard Bar. I'm thinking about adding some Borax during the final phase while it is cooling down right before Tea Tree. I think this bar will be Laundry & House tops cleaning. I'm wondering what would happen if I added vinegar to the bar? Or if when I re-constitute if I could add vinegar at that phase?

I'm going to be making some liquid soaps soon and playing with colors for Vintage Toilet hand soap. There will be a lip balm Chocolate Mint coming out soon. I need to get some 8 oz or smaller Mason Jars.

* I'm always open to trade. Please contact me if interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment